Friday, October 26, 2012

Seven Quick Takes

Joining Jen for another week of Seven Quick Takes.




7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

We used to call our daughter, Maura Moviestar, because she is full of life, dramatic, and loves being the center of attention.  Lately, it seems like a better name for her might be Maura Comedienne because she has been coming up with some doozies.  Here are a few of her latest one-liners.

--1--
 
 
When talking about Griffin getting to be a big boy...
Maura: He's almost a big boy.  He just needs to learn to use the potty, right?
Me:  Yes.  I'm tired of changing diapers.
Maura: Me too.
Me:  (pause)...but you don't change diapers...
Maura:  No, but I'm tired of watching you change them.
 
 
--2--
 
Maura crawls into our bed early one morning and puts her ice cold feet on my back.
Me:  Ahhh, go get some socks.  Your feet are freezing.
Maura:  Am I making you colder?
Me: Yes.
Maura: (indignant) Well, you're making me hotter!
 
 
--3--
 
After seeing Mike with his shirt off...
Maura:  Daddy, your back needs a haircut.
 
 
--4--
 
 
After telling Maura to stop yelling at her little brother...
Maura:  Sorry Mom, I was just pretending to be a mommy.
 
 
--5--
 
While getting undressed...
Maura:  Excuse me, Mommy.  I need privacy, please.
Me:  What if I just turn my head?
Maura:  But you have eyes in the back of your head too.
 
 
--6--
 
 
Random.
Maura:  A dragon wouldn't make a very good pet.
 
 
--7--
 
Yelling from the potty--
Maura:  Hey Mom, want to hear a joke?
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
For more Quick Takes, go visit Jen.

 


2 comments:

  1. I love that she thinks her dad's back needs a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm glad she gives him gentle reminders.

      Delete