Wednesday, February 6, 2013

it's the simple things

I see some of my blogging peeps are in a funk, and that makes me sad.  I know how you feel.  I was just there.  But the sun is shining here, and the forecast for today is happy with a chance of teething pain for little Paul.  So, please allow me to try to cheer you up.

Yesterday, was a swell day (although I did experience intermittent episodes of mommy funk), but I championed on.  I got caught up with the laundry, attempted to clean the frat house (and my efforts were noticed by the hubs), made dinner, mopped the floors, took some cute pics of the littles for Cari's link-up tomorrow, and finished reading Maura Danny, the Champion of the World, and you know how much I love Roald Dahl. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Cut to today...

This morning, a family member posted this as her status on Facebook--



And I thought to myself heck to the yeah, thank you God for hot showers and coffee and sweet babies to kiss and great books to read.  Life is good (despite the inevitable chance of funk).

So let's say I started the day off on the right foot today.  So much so that I didn't freak when the reusable shopping bag that I've used a whopping two times broke after a trip to Trader Joe's.  And you all know how much I loathe those shopping bags.


 
Life is good, and I've got a lot to be grateful for.
 
I may not have tiger blood or Adonis DNA, but I'm #winning baby!
 
I've got a ibuprofen for my teething baby, a pot roast in my crockpot, clean diapers on the boys' behinds, and hot warm coffee in my hand (because I was smart enough to put it in a travel mug at 7:30 am).  I'm #winning baby, and you are too.  You just need to change your perspective.
 
Maybe I'm drinking too much coffee and reading too much Kerouac, but Jack says we should be in love with our lives.  I'm happy to say I am, Jack; I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment